The J.W. Marriot Cancun Resort & Spa and the CasaMagna Marriot Cancun are getting families to spend their vacation at their hotels by offering 50% off the room next to yours so that your kids can stay in a room by themselves. Hoping that Moms and Dads can have some alone time, while their kids are in the next room over. The J.W Marriot is very secure and they don't just allow anyone to walk on to the premises unless they are with someone that has a room. The security is phenomenal and its having a big impact on room reservations for families from all over the world. If you are going to Cancun Mexico this Summer then it is best you check out the deals at the J.W Marriot Cancun Resort & Spa, because it is a nice hotel, that may just be exactly what you are looking for.
Friday, May 27, 2011
Thursday, April 28, 2011
The hotel zone in Cancun Mexico is amazing. This is a great view of the whole strip where all the high end hotels are. You can find a great all inclusive deal to stay at most of the hotels on the strip. As you know, Cancun Mexico is hurting right now because tourism is down due to all the violence that has been reported from the drug cartels. Know this though, the Hotel strip, or the Zona Hotelera is the safest place to be in Mexico. It is highly secure and they don't mess around. If you are planning a vacation soon I suggest this Mexican paradise. You can also take a trip to Isla Mujeres (Island of the Women) or to Playa del Carmen, that is on the Mayan Riviera. They also have some great hot spots to stay at, and the night life is amazing. Playa Del Carmen is very cheap so there may be more crime there then on the Cancun Mexico Hotel Zone.
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
- If you can try to visit Taxco, Mexico. This is where most of their legit silver originates from because it is where it is made. They have really nice pieces that are hand made, and super artistic. You will love the selection of this place, because they make it right there at the same place. Silver is everywhere there. This doesn't mean however you can not get scammed. Scammers are everywhere too.
- Make sure there are no scratches or scrapes on the silver itself. Good quality silver shouldn't have any imperfections like that. You also have to check if both pairs of earrings match. Sometimes when retailers buy in bulk, they mix up the set with another pair, and you have a bad situation on your hands. Make sure everything matches up and looks nice.
- Always take note of the weight of the jewelry. Silver from Mexico usually comes in 2 different ways. Make sure you check for a stamp that says .925 or .950. The .925 silver is obviously used for the lower quality jewelry, but just use that in your price negotiation. Don't be afraid to talk them down. They are used to this in Mexico and it is common practice. When it comes to fine stones they usually appear more on the .950 silver since they make the jewelry go up in value.
- Make sure you use your gut feeling when buying from somewhere you aren't familiar with. Nine times out of ten your feeling is correct. A lot of these merchants and retailers have perfected the art of pressuring people into just settling and buying at their store. Remember, there are plenty of places to choose from when it comes to buying silver jewelry in Mexico. You don't have to feel rushed into making a quick decision. Always browse around and get a feel for the market. If they are pressuring too much just walk away, or say no thank you, and move on.
- Look around at all the stores before you decide the one you wish to buy from. Don't feel overwhelmed by people pulling you into their stores and offering you deals. That is part of the fun when it comes to shopping for jewelry in Mexico. Remember, you won't get ripped off if you make an informed decision. Have fun!
I hope this helps you shop for jewelry in Mexico. Don't fall for the same old tricks that merchants have been using for decades. Instead just make an educated decision and make sure to have fun. Please leave comments if you think I have left anything out.